Founder and Director of Visionary School of Arts
Founder Catch the Wave of Hope
1724 SE Indian St Stuart Fl 34997
Lynne Barletta began her professional art career at age 14 and has been teaching art and writing curriculum for after school programs for over 30 years. She has sold her work internationally and created murals as a fundraisers for trafficked children. Lynne’s clientele includes Coors Beer, The Denver Broncos, US Sugar, the Juvenile Justice Department of Florida and many public art venues all the way to Singapore.
Lynne founded Visionary School of Arts, Stuart, Florida in 2010. The student base grew to over 150 in 5 years, with widespread community involvement, shows, internship programs and competitions. Senior outreach programs developed through VSOA in 2012, encompassing retirement homes in Martin County and the Council for the Aging.
VSOA semester course students, ages 5-17 have won over 400 local national and international awards, with some students receiving college scholarships either in the arts or utilizing art alongside other careers.
Catch the Wave of Hope was formed by Lynne in 2015. Catchthewaveofhope.org is an organization to abolish human trafficking. Lynne has pioneered a new approach to help trafficked survivors overcome trauma and receive healing called the Power of Art III. She has also produced the Power of Art II for At Risk Children, The Power of Art for Youth Groups and The Power of Art for Leadership, Adults and Children. Lynne is the author of the book No Stress Zone, which is her personal story of her journey out of fear.
Twenty years of speaking and traveling to conduct business seminars, women’s seminars, leadership workshops with her “Drawing it Forward” techniques and global ministry is marked by her creative approach and anointing to teach.
Lynne has pastored Visionary Center International Church with her husband Tony since 2004. They have 4 boys and 3 grandsons.
Education: University of Northern Colorado / Ordained with Ministry and Leadership Degree 2001 Covenant Centre International School of Ministry, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. Trained in inner healing SOZO, Bethel Church, California and Christ For the Nations. Certified in Life Restoration Inner Healing Dr. Larry Duetchman.
Organizations: Honors, Awards and Highlights
- Leadership / Arts Award / Global Embassy Network 2005
- Best of Show and Patrons Cash Award / Valencia College 2009
- Martin County Council for the Arts board member since 2010
- Shown in ArtsFest Stuart , St Stephens Show Miami, Coconut Grove Miami art festivals since 1998
- Judge for Congressional High School Art Competition 2010, 2011, 2014
- Stuart / Martin County Chamber of Commerce board member 2011-2015
- “Dream Team” Artist Lyric Theatre / Arts Council 2011
- Leadership 2011 Stuart / Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership host for arts and culture day / demonstrations 2011-present
- All Florida Show State juried Art Show 2011
- Chair for mARTies awards 2012
- Nominated for Woman of the year 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 Soroptimist Society
- Featured top local Artist / 9-11 Port St Lucie Civic Center 2010 and 2012
- Stuart Martin County Chamber of Commerce board member 2011-2015
- President’s Award 2012 Stuart Martin County Chamber of Commerce for achievement in joining arts and business in Martin County. Stuart /Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- Arts Achievement Award 2011 2012 for most successful program in Banner Lake, Hobe Sound
- Awarded Public Art Sailfish Waterpark 2013
- Proclamations for Art Appreciation Month / City of Stuart and Martin County March 2013
- National Juried All Florida Show exhibit Elliott Museum 2013
- Featured artist for auction mARTies Awards 2014
- American Heritage awarded cover “Emergence” 2014
- Best of Show Vote People’s Choice Palm Cove Annual Art Show 2014, 2015
- Honorable Mention All County Color Show Arts Council 2015
- Nominated for Visual Artist of the Year mARTies 2015 Martin County Arts Council
- mARTies Awards 2016 Excellence in Arts Education
- Awarded largest mural ever completed 2017-2018 on the ATT building downtown Stuart.